work with us
C # Developer
ANCA Motion control systems have been used in a variety of applications for over 40 years. Their aim is to become recognized asthe market leader in the design and manufacture of customized control systems that are used in world-class machines.
Offering a range of solutions ranging from turnkey automation control packages to single items such as digital servo drives, motion controllers, soft PLCs, CNCs, IO modules, motors, cables, and cabinets, ANCA Motion's unique software modules and patented technology allows our customers to configure these components into efficient and innovative solutions. Our control systems are used in many applications ranging from complex five axes machine tools to two axes profile cutters and single axis stand alone applications.
Reporting through to the IoT Product Manager, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the IoT edge connectivity software on ANCA Motion CNC's.
Responsibilities of the position include;
- Design and develop software features that meet the user story acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with product owner to create and refine the product backlog through writing and estimating user stories.
- Write user stories that follow the INVEST principles (independent, negotiable, valuable, estimatable, small, testable), in particular paying attention to having detailed acceptance criteria.
- Plan sprints and track sprint progress using a burndown chart to ensure that any impediments/delays are promptly identified and resolved so that the sprint goal is met.
- Improve readability, reduce complexity and improve maintainability of the code base.
- Understand and apply modern software design principles and patterns.
- Create unit tests for new and existing code.
- Provide detailed information when creating, triaging and resolving issues.
- Document designs, technical information and team processes in the wiki. Ensure that information in the wiki is up to date and relevant.
- Follow design guidelines and styles consistently.
- Respond promptly and completely to all equiries and issues.
Teamwork and Continuous Improvement
- Improve team workflows, processes and interactions through Sprint Retrospectives.
- Conduct developer presentations to share new knowledge and stimulate learning, discussion and innovation.
- Participate in brainstorming and problem solving sessions with team members.
- Support and mentor team members within and outside of the department.
- Encourage and drive a collaborative, fun, friendly and inclusive work environment.
Environment Health & Safety
- Ensure the working environment is safe at all times and activities conducted are safe and don't harm self or other employees.
- Eliminate risks in the working environment by conducting housekeeping, risk assessments and working with others to eliminate or at least mitigate the hazards.
The successful candidate will ideally hold the below skills, qualifications, and attributes;
- Software Engineering, Computer Science or related qualification
- Object oriented software analysis and design
- System architecture / design experience.
- Demonstrated C# experience particularly long running asynchronous console applications.
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Understanding of Scrum or similar Agile framework
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and deliver work with minimal supervision
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practices such as version control and issue tracking.
If you have all the qualities to make this role a success, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org